Catholic University's Online Placement Test is for FRENCH, GERMAN, SPANISH, and ITALIAN languages. Register for the ITALIAN placement test by calling the office of the Modern Language Dept at 202-319-5240 or by emailing Flor Argueta at firstname.lastname@example.org. When taking any placement test, please note that a fee of $82 per test will be billed to your Student Account.
Read through the following directions BEFORE beginning the test.
For proper placement, answer to the best of your ability without outside assistance (textbooks, dictionaries, online translators, friends, native speakers, etc.).
- Click on Modern Language Placement Test
- Select your language (French, German or Spanish) and click on "Begin"
- Enter your personal information as requested (Use your Student ID Number for your ID Number, CUA email is required.)
- Fill in the information requested and click on "Continue" at the bottom of the page or click on "Resume" if your previous exam was interrupted for some reason, and you wish to resume it.
- At the end of the test, you can see your score and suggested placement. The online test result is only preliminary. You must wait to register for a class until you get your final placement from the Dept. of Modern Languages. Your final placement will be emailed to you within 72 hours or you may call 202-319-5240 between 9am-4pm.
For technical assistance between the hours of 9-4pm Eastern Time, call Flor Argueta, at 202-319-5240 or email email@example.com.