Advance your career and job marketability with a Certificate in Spanish for Health Care
- 15 credit (5 course) multidiscipline program that can be completed within 3-4 semesters.
- Designed for nursing, psychology, biology, biomedical engineering, social work student.
- Gain experience into a professional career path with a Medical Spanish Health Care Internship.
- Increase competence in Medical Spanish to effectively communicate with Spanish-speaking patients and families.
- Exposure to cross-culture communication challenges, health beliefs and practices in a broad range of Spanish-speaking cultures.
- Online and summer courses offered.
- Experience service learning, internship, and study abroad opportunities in Washington, DC, Latin America and Spain. Puerto Rico Study Abroad
- Available to undergraduate, graduate and Honors students.
- 15 credit (5 course) certificate program that can be completed in 1 to 2 years
- Gain competence in Medical Spanish and Cultural Awareness to better serve the Hispanic community
- Available to health care students, professionals in Nursing, Medicine, Public Health, Social Service with little or no Spanish experience to heritage speakers
- On-line and summer courses offered